05 May 2011

I'm back!

,

PeOPlees!! My dear PeOPlees!:) .. I am back! Hopefully for good now.*Hug.Hug.Hug*

Well , ok. Now, where do I start? Ok.The wedding. It went off well, both the families were happy and then the purohit forgot the “thaali”. : D.I know!! Maybe I should’ve considered it a divine intervention and fled!

I’m in the United States of USofA and I miss home amongst a myriad other things. I also feel lame. One can do nothing in this country using their feet. You would think it wasn’t too surprising considering this is the third fattest country in the world.

The day I landed in United States of USA, I almost expected Dee to not turn up. Like he did when I visited him in Madras (Yes, I am old world.).The reason? Well he was talking to me on the phone when my flight was boarding, which by the way is one weird journey! Bangalore to Chennai is like 5 minutes of krupiya dhyaan deejeye kursi ki peti etc etc , after which the airhostess will stuff a cold sandwich down your throat while she’s pouring the water into your mouth , and dusting the crumbs off your dress. The pilot will then burp into the mic with a “Good evening, the weather in Chennai is hot, AGAIN”.ALL in a span of 10 minutes. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. So he was talking to me while I boarded, and he kind of figured the drive to the airport can’t exceed the flight to Chennai? Well, what do you know! Firangs, I tell you!

…..

So the other day Dee and I were having our morning cup of coffee, and it was probably a couple of days after I’d landed.

Dee: How’s it?

Seren: Good! Considering I made it.

Dee: errm

Seren: ??

Dee: I have been meaning to tell you for quite some time , now..

Seren:Omg.There is another woman.

Dee:You are drinking out of a cocktail shaker..its not a steel tumbler..

Seren: *Mixture of relief , embarrassment and laughter* Ok.Like I didn’t know that, already!!HAHAHAHA.

And oh, marriage is also about numbing your senses. Like, how I put up with a brown dragon-fly patterned shower curtain everyday.

Edited to add: Oh, someone has tagged my whomsoever.. post "funny".Sarcastic , aren't you?

3 scribbled back to “I'm back!”

  • Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:45:00 PM
    Altoid says:

    Nice gyaan at the end Seren...whattay enlightening message! :P

  • Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:29:00 AM
    R says:

    its going to be an exciting journey :)

    Enjoy your time in the US!

  • Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:08:00 AM
    An old timer who shut her blog says:

    Dude you're really not back for good! Now can u get back sporadically atleast and give the poor hubby a breather? ;)

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates