24 May 2008

Friday

,
I love fridays , ever since I've joined mera company strongesht.My manager has been working from his hometown for the past month and nothing could be more blissful than a cloudy Friday morning although I was actually getting to work.So there I was chugging and humming along and what do I see? The turning that leads to my campus is being blocked by the police.
Poleeceman: 'Munde Hogu' --Sail forth
Seren:'My company is on this road , what do you mean munde hogu'
P: 'Kannada balaralwa? Goings goings goooooings'
So I goed.

I go
ed a little more and the story repeated.And the next.And the next.

Oh goodie , I'm allowed to make a turn now ... ok ..no U turn? ....only right turn ?Now I'm inside the HAL airport? Err? EH?

We're made to stop inside the HAL airport where 3 gazillion cars and scooters are all lined up.With their ignition off , and that is a terrible sign.

The first person to respond was Mr.Goatie beard in an auto behind me.
Goatie Beard to Me: 'What's happening ?'
I tried to loo
k my sarcastic best , rather unsuccessfully from behind a scarf and a helmet before turning away.
Goatie Beard to Bike guy next to mine: 'What's happening ?'
Bike Guy: *Politely* ' No idea , dude'

GB to BG:'Are you in the same campus as I am?'
Ser
en: *Rolling her eyes inside the baking scarf and helmet*
BG: 'Yes , com
e hop in , I'll drop ya!'
The scene that ensued was hilarious!
GB to auto driver: ' I will get down here'
AD: ' Saar , you are the reason why I'm stuck here saar , else I would have got better sawaari(auto rider) , and now you are the putting ditch'
GB:' I will give you 5Rs extra'
AD:' Saar beedi(
a thin, often flavored, South Asian cigarette :D
) also not comes saar for 5Rs'
GB:' Its 5 or nothing'

Cut to scene #2.
GB sitting be
hind BG
AD glaring at GB
GB pretending AD doesn't exist.

By this time , bike guy in front got hysterical.

'Seems there's a VIP coming because of which we're being cooped here!
Some
more yells from bikers around
'We pay taxes
, we're office goers , why can't the VIP come night $%$%$'

***************************************************************
*

I reached office around 11 only to find out that a team lunch was being organized to 'Jalsa'. I kept thinking the name sounded awfully familiar when I realised it happens to be the name of AB's house!Its a mughlai themed restaurant which resembles a set from Jodha Akbar! It even had a huge movie screen playing songs from Umrao jan and JA..



<----These are the couple seats!






Any guesses as to what this could be --> ??
The plate!







<---A
cool looking goblet








Reached office by 3.30Pm , had coffee at 4:30 , set out homewards 5:30 PM!
Yesterday.
Blissful!
:)

9 scribbled back to “Friday”

  • Saturday, May 24, 2008 9:51:00 AM
    SK says:

    Too much time pass, I love such days! :--))

  • Saturday, May 24, 2008 12:42:00 PM
    Altoid says:

    This friday was the same for me. Not only was it the friday before a long weekend, its a long weekend in a warm season- means people are gearing up to throw barbecue grill and chili cookout parties and the cherry on the icing was boss-man and his boss-man were out in Calif for a week long conference.

    Bliss!

    enjoy maadi

    -altoid

  • Saturday, May 24, 2008 5:03:00 PM
    Anonymous says:

    WOW! Now THATS what I call a friday!!!!

  • Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:45:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    Sk: :) , yes too good!
    Alto:Ahha! Too good!
    Sns: Yes me too! :)

  • Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:25:00 AM

    Ran into ur blog while jaywalking online -- serendipity? Read a few of ur posts n thoroughly enjoyed them...u not only have a way w/ words but also see humor in the most mundane of things :)
    Will surely keep haunting ur den!

  • Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:34:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    MSM: Moonstruck Moth? :D heheheh!
    Thank you for the nice words :)

  • Saturday, June 07, 2008 4:53:00 AM
    Usha says:

    Wow, I must go to jalsa sometime. Your treat sern! hehe, I haven't gotten over that one.
    And you mean they pay you for queuing up at airports and picking up material for a blog post...What must I do to get a job like this!

  • Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:13:00 PM

    Yes Seren, I moonlight as a shimmering moth on a fullmoon day! ;-)
    BTW, I've added u to my blogroll...I shd've asked, but it's fait accompli now ;-)
    Where art thou? Last post was on 24th...when's the next installment?

  • Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:01:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    Usha :) You would be over-qualified for a boring s/w job!
    MSM: More posts coming up! :)

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates