07 May 2009

Result of Matrimony Chronicles -III

,
Dhanya, you asked for it ;).

The story so far

Q is the latest matrimony matter.Q is phone-shy.I was supposed to meet aforesaid matter at 6.I vetoed the continental restaurant idea.As it is things are going very shamathuly, imagine meeting Q matter in Conti restaurant at 6.Nothing to eat also , no coffee also.So I vetoed.

I went about 5 minutes early and plonked myself at Vi , Viv's and my favorite table , the corner table facing the road.And conveniently got lost in Ponniyan Selvan.SMS at 18:00:00 sharp, unknown number reads(I don't store numbers until after the first meeting,no?)"I am here".I replied " :), come up I'm on the first floor".

And then Q came.And sat.And I smiled.And silence reigned.I started tapping feet to the tunes of "Jinke mari na".And then Q spoke.Two pearls dropped on to the table.

Q:"I'm a very shy , introverted,independent person"
Seren:"Hmmm..that's nice..I'm sure.."
Q:"And you?"
Seren: "I'm not shy , I think I'm an extrovert,but I'd say I was independent"
Q smiled understandingly..he knew what it was to find a fellow Independent.

The waiter who had dismissed us to be the "2 coffee-1 plate idly" variety was in for a shock.Because Q asked for the mocktail menu.Yes ,definite potential for a blog post.

The next 20 minutes went very similar to a 20-20 match.Here's how.

Q:What technology do you work on?
S:3GPP
Q:Doesn't that do technosoundingword version 3?
S:I think its version 4, not sure..
Q:It is version 3, I worked on it just last month
Score Q-1 S-0.

In an attempt to assuage the situation and not have Amma harp "But you don't give them a chance" I thought I'd shift the focus to Amma, well , she asked for it.Albeit in my head.

S:Last week , my Mom went walking in Lalbagh and a candidate came to campaign.Mom went and complained to him about the fact that she had two daughters and how unsafe it is for women in Karnataka given these situations.To this , the candidate grinned back sheepishly and mumbled that soon very soon something would be done to condone it.
(After this burst of bravado , Mrs Arjuna award came home and shivered wondering if the party goondas would be after her given she's a regular Lalbagh walker)
Q:So which party did she vote for this time around?
S:Its a secret ballot you know ;)
Score Q-1 S-1

Q:Ahem.So which places have you traveled to and what did you feel when you did.
S:I visited Agra last year and it was then that I was reading the Feast of Roses.It felt good to be visiting all the places that were spoken of in the book..But you know , I didn't really have an AHA moment when I saw the Taj Mahal , maybe owing to the fact that it was so crowded..and..
Q:Ok and which other place?
S:We visited Kerala this year
Q:I have covered the entire stretch up north and west.Only east is pending.
S:Really?I thought you said you hated traveling?
Q:Yes, I do.

Q:-infinity S:+infinity



I felt tired.This was worse than answering an interview.An hour of my life wasted right in front of my eyes...and then he bowled a googly.

Q:So, are you usually dressed like this?
S:*I looked down wondering if I forgot to wear my top.No .. didn't seem the case* "No , I dress differently in the swimming pool" (Another vain attempt at humor)
Q:Ok.. my Dad's very conservative firstly and secondly he doesn't like Iyers too much
S:Hain? *Ok and we met why?*
Q:But then , you know its all about DDLJ
S:Ok
Q:You know, convincing parents if you feel right about it.
S:Sure
Q:*Gets up suddenly as if something bit him(or hit him like I was itching to)* Let's go.
S:Yep.

Stick a fork in me,I'm done.

10 scribbled back to “Result of Matrimony Chronicles -III”

  • Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:00:00 AM
    Bit Hawk says:

    Really humorous answer to the "are you usually dressed like this?" question :) LOLing out to that again! :))

  • Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:49:00 AM
    Gauri says:

    :D Seren - you're an absolute riot !! :DDDD

  • Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:10:00 AM
    Dhanya says:

    wow that was a delightful read :D
    I can imagine your state.. in fact in few 'interviews' that I have faced this dress question did come up.. Now seeing this I'm wondering what's really the matter!!
    Btw I was never missing.. just my inborn laziness to leave a comment :)

  • Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:09:00 PM
    Arunima says:

    don't want a love marriage?

  • Friday, May 08, 2009 11:44:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    BitHawk: :),well how else do you answer stupid questions
    Gauri: :P So my woe story is funny to you eh :P
    Dhanya::) Thank you.What did he expect ?Maybe I should have worn that swimming costume.
    Arunima: :) Is there a difference?Eventually doesn't it boil down to the same thing ?
    :O I thought it did :P

  • Monday, May 11, 2009 12:35:00 AM
    Dinesh says:

    I like the "Are you usually dressed like this" bit. Shows all the charm and tact eh? ;)

  • Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:40:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    DD:Do you really wanna get punched?

  • Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:26:00 AM
    Usha says:

    S - + infinity indeed. Guess what , you should have a screening questionnaire before giving them the privilege of a personal interview.
    Technosounding words and travel points and iyer hating - sounds like quite a character.

  • Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:19:00 AM
    Anonymous says:

    You have AMAZING Writng Skills!

  • Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:18:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    Hi Anon ,
    Thanks :)

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates