21 June 2007

Wisdom cometh with a price

,
Apparently my wisdom teeth (All four of them , bless them all) seem to have a mind of their own.If the X-ray has to believed , theres one thats growing perpendicular to all the others , rather like a rebellious middle child.The reason why I visited the dentist , for the first time in my twenty odd years of existence was because the LLM2 (lower left molar no.2) , yes, I named them chronologically , is growing into the jaw or rather I think thats what the dentist said.
Mind boggling question no.1 : Why do dentists assume you will have a full mouthed reply to their "Coffee addict?"
"First time?" questions while they've thrust a cold poking device into your mouth?
Anyway , the dentist made up for all the torture the tooth's been giving me. He is cute and smily and curranty eyed :).No we cannot consider him since he's married and incidentally his wife also practices , so shush all you match makers.All great things in life are rich ,high caloried or married (pathetic quote and extremely cheesy ? Imol effect, my friend)

To add insult to injury , the nose decided to give in and refused to perform its normal functions and instead chose to run down like a small waterfall (the ones that you chance upon when on a trek , rather like a nameless little image of the main one :)?Now I'm describing a waterfall ??? )
A visit to the good old family doc followed."Is your mother ok ?" he asked considering my Mother visits him as often as she buys the vegetables ."Yes , doctor.She's hyperventilating thrice a week , so all's good".Apparently a case of a slight chill and a slight infection in the throat, or so he said.How would he like it if I called a heart attack a slight stoppage of blood to the heart I'd like to know.A stubborn molar and a disobedient nose are just as bad. So hmph.

Anyway, the silver lining was the purchase of Khaled Hosseini's newest , was so thrilled to spot the book in Landmark , it made the rest of the day pass less painfully , ah the book , the old non-judgemental friend.Detect a hint of bitterness there ? Yes , it calls for another post :)





5 scribbled back to “Wisdom cometh with a price”

  • Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:51:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    "wisdom cometh with a price and pain" :). Get well soon Seren.

  • Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:08:00 AM

    lol. being a dentist myself, I never understood why my fellow compadres from this field always ask questions when they are poking instruments into people's mouth
    ...well I dont do that,n' maybe you shud have come to me:):)

    get well soon...n oh ya remember the swelling goes down in a day or 2:) Take care.

    Oh ya named myself accidental diva..cause I am extremely accident prone....n' thanx for droppin by...

  • Saturday, June 23, 2007 3:22:00 PM

    thats a nice post.i always wonder why it is always so important to have a good lookin dentist???? :):)but really, it's always fun when the doctor/dentist/professor is good looking ain't it? it makes all things good na.... :)

  • Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:45:00 PM

    Eeeks!!! I hate dentists...or maybe going to the dentist!! I remember screaming each time I went..

  • Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:13:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    Alto : Thank u :)

    Accidental Diva : U say u are accident prone and I should have come to you, both in the same breath .. hmmm ;)

    Temporary insanity :How about adding cute eye doctors :)

    life rocks : Thanks for the kind words of encouragement .. i really look forward to my visit now :)

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates