30 June 2007

I rant therefore I yam

,
People People People . I am sick of seeing people. All of the same size , same colored clothes , same sneakers and all in pairs(NOT the shoes).People in Bangalore tire me.Today , I somehow found myself telling a friend I'd meet her at Garuda Mall.At the entrance we were greeted by an idiotic show with a even more idiotic hostess.Ahem a "beauty" contest apparently , like the zillions were'nt enough for these people to display their inner beauty.And coming to that , what's with this weird haughty expression people walk around with? What is that look trying to prove?

Fuschia Pink anorexic girl : What is thees?
Corn guy :Corn
FPag : Oh ok , give me some without the butter or the masala , half cooked
Ok, now that sounds like Horse feed to me.

Don't people go out with friends anymore? And why am I asking you this question ? Because , we are a little antisocial and we have just "2" close friends. Whatever happened to meeting old friends at a cafe? Why is everyone wrapped around someone or the other? I'm not even sure they're wrapped around the same person for a long time ! Or maybe I'm a chip off the old block?
More than once I remember the good old days in college when a bunch of us would head to Lake View or a Barista and talk noisilly about everything under the sun and never once bother about whether our shoes matched our bags or worse , someone else's bag.Sigh.Maybe I'm growing old.Maybe there are no more interesting and good people in the world.Interesting men sounds an oxymoron.Oh so sigh.

Anyway , friend and I felt nauseous just walking there , we burst out and headed straight to Crossword.Got myself Mark Haddon's " A Spot of Bother". Now , I shalt lay meself down and proceed to read it peacefully accompanied by a cup of coffee.

4 scribbled back to “I rant therefore I yam”

  • Sunday, July 01, 2007 2:01:00 AM

    Gosh, how often do I think I've grown old when I visit malls these days! How did superficiality get so pervasive! Being a teenager now sure must be stressful: colour coordination, being hip doin whatever is hippest, but a li'l differently or u won't be cool enough and oh, the mandatory man/woman candy.

  • Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:48:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    Oh you forgot to mention the running into "holding hands" part. Its crowded, the perspiration is beginning to smell and you run into pairs that believe in holding hands even if they land up on different sides of the aisles. And you are given the stares for having the audacity to make them break their romanantic bonds!

    Geez!

    Ya, solitude sounds like a good way out, right about now!

  • Sunday, July 01, 2007 5:58:00 AM
    Pillpopper says:

    yesssssssssssss you are getting old... an old spinster..you know they have removed the word spinster from the dictionary?

  • Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:41:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    Misunderstood: I KNOW! I hate Bangalore for the fact that other than the Mall , there is no other place to go! No beach (maybe that would attract more couples like flies to a lamp post?) , no river, no interesting volcano,absolutely nothing.Sigh.
    Alto: Oh yeah , did that. P and I were perched precariously on the slope to the road and there was this couple holding hands to cross the road.Poor lamb , she has'nt ever crossed any road without her strong man leading her across it.Honked loudly , and she gave me a pained look :) . I got my prize
    Pillpopper: Mommy , go pill pop , shoo

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates