05 July 2007

Week Update

,

Time to move on to newer pastures. I have given in my notice in the hell-hole and the feeling is just too damn good. I yam jesht loving it.

Now, everybody from the Director to the sweeper wants to have a talk with a certain RM who had the audacity to say “NO” to exploitation. I’m like the Jhansi Ki Rani minus horse minus a lot of courage plus a red colored Pleasure. The number of cups of coffee and tea over which I have explained the “thought process that provoked such dire measures” are staggering.

I am finally reaping the rewards of coming to work at 6 A.M in a rickety auto and an empty stomach. While everyone’s slogging with my share of the work , I , on the other hand have managed to put aside “The Malory Towers” and the “The St. Clares” series to my list of re-reads. Ebooks zindabad!

An added advantage with Ebooks is that they can pass off so easily as “White papers from IEEE”. You just need to view it in a “Century Gothic size 10” and have a notepad handy. Voila!

Needless to say, I have been blog-hopping and have managed to discover two new bloggers. I also took Alto’s leadership test and irrespective of the number of questions asked 9/18/17/45, I am JFK to the hilt. Apparently, we belong to the amorous power crazy category. Cut to scene in which I’m wearing a halter necked bikini top with a slinky chiffon draped around me dangerously, saying “Bharatwaasiyon ...”

There were plans of trekking the Himalayas with an old class-mate who was only too pleased to take me. But then, I think my interest is waning. All I want to do is lie on my bed and have endless cups of coffee and read books. While I’m on that , can you ,the handful of my readers suggest some books to me ?

Random memory that just hit me: I studied in a Convent in Mangalore and when I was around 8 , they introduced us to “Help age India” , all of us were given little piggy banks to collect money for the cause. That day, Dad’s colleague visited us and I cutely (Yes , I insist I was extremely cute) brandished the piggy in front of him. He grinned and added a 1 Re coin .Later on in the day, I again found him when I was walking with Amma and I repeated my act . He added another coin, though I rather thought his smile had faded a wee bit. Later in the night, I espied him chatting with Dad in the verandah. I repeated my act (shrewd business woman instincts surfacing), he added a 50 Rs note and said “Mr M. I will soon have to enroll in the Helpage India centre if your daughter hounds me anymore”

Which is why, I always grin at the Helpage India box in Butter Sponge and never fail to drop in some money.

Random Song playing in my head : Title track of Jhoom Barabar Jhoom

3 scribbled back to “Week Update”

  • Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:48:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    Short timer! Seren, I dont like this template....seems too dull. Gotta get working on that!

    Books : I bought amma a new series by Armistad Maupin. Ask her when she lands, how she found it.

    Also try William Dalrymple's books.

    Gotta a lot to do kiddo, lets see some action.

  • Saturday, July 07, 2007 7:04:00 AM

    Did u work at an IT co? E books and bench, the two staples! I know just how it feels to leave a workplace like that. Good for ya!

    I've got a bunch of certis from helpage India. My school used to make it a compulsory annual event. Collecting money for help age India. It used to make me cry.

  • Monday, July 09, 2007 1:47:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    Alto : I thought this template looked warm and welcoming .No?

    Misunderstood :
    Yes , we are a boring SE , who isnt? :)

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates