28 September 2008

Sunday funday

,
Yesterday , Appa had gone out of town to visit his cousin.That meant Amma and I were going to have an MTR breakfast -probably the only time Amma doesn't drag herself on a walk , she zips across Lalbagh to reach MTR at lightning speed before the rava idlies and dosas get sold out.
I , on the other hand achieved a new milestone.I took the car to the gym.At 8:30 AM.Then , I circled the area around the gym 351 times before I found what I thought would be the ideal place for me to park.In front of a temple.It was already 9:13 AM.I walked 2 Kms to reach the gym. I had just started jogging on the treadmill when I wondered if
1) I had locked the car
2) If I had left the window open and/or locked the car
3) If some random pervert had scratched my car/broken the mirror/hit my bumper/had gained access into the car and was waiting to jump at me.
4) If I had parked under a coconut tree.

I ran back to find the lil fella standing innocently, with his hind part tending towards the foot path and the front gaping at the middle of the road.Hmm.. next milestone would be to learn parking proportionately.Not as if I had had a random urge to switch off ignition and run away.Hmmm..


Towards noon , the mithaiwaala instincts in Amma and me were aroused.We decided to make 'Shahi Tukda'. Off I trotted to get full cream milk and bread.I placed my order and while I was waiting , a woman holding a baby came in accompanied by another lady.The baby started wailing and pointing towards an ice-cream cart when suddenly the other lady made a sweeping gesture and hid her purse while saying to the baby
'Oh look , that pigeon took away my purse , how can I buy you your ice cream now?'
The baby looked at her very suspiciously and then at the poor pigeon.Then , it looked at me to make sure.I didn't want to lie to the baby , so I grinned and touched its cheeks.
So now , the poor baby thinks all pigeons are thieves.Such a sad lesson for the baby to learn ,no?
BANG , 3 years later truth will suddenly dawn on the baby and I just hope sweeping-purse-lady will not be around to face the music.Hmmmm...

5 scribbled back to “Sunday funday”

  • Monday, September 29, 2008 9:50:00 AM
    Anonymous says:

    OH.MY.GOD. That car thingie is sooooooooo me I thought !!!! I always am lost in my thoughts about the safety of the car whenever I used to take it out. Like I have to put a steel cage around it with glass spikes around it !! And yeah, these thoughts come only after you've walked away long enough !!! :-)) Loveeeeeed this post totally and that baby thingie....Cuuuuuute :D:D

  • Monday, September 29, 2008 10:55:00 PM
    Dinesh says:

    hmpf. Woman drivers I tell you

  • Monday, September 29, 2008 11:25:00 PM
    Usha says:

    Here I am, periodically dreaming of MTR Rava idlis and dosas and immediately coming down to reality that I will NEVER be able to make it through all that traffic and even if I do, I will never find parking anywhere within miles. And that is ALL you have to do? zip through Lalbagh to get there. UNFAIR! I WANT TO LIVE IN THAT HOUSE!! ( and yes, I want that mango tree too, altoid pls note)

    hehehe @ the pigeon accusing lady. Waht fun it would be if the pigeon decided to do what it had been alleged of!!

  • Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:52:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    Sns : :) See? Now I feel so much better.I think there should be a means to fold up the car into a carry bag and take it along wherever...
    DD:Hmpf back. "Lady" , thank you very much!
    Usha :There's an MTR parking lot right in front..its actually an empty plot with a caretaker and all that.It calls for a lot of multiprocessing .. i.e evade buses , random cyclist,possessed auto wala ,keep looking to the left in case you miss it!But the rava idly will be worth it no?The mango tree poor thing got confused with the climate changes and is flowering in mid September.:P @ pigeon story

  • Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:50:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    Ahem@Usha : Here I was looking fwd to fit my household onto ONE stone bench under the mango tree and now you're telling me I have to "fight" for that too?

    Sigh. I think I will stay here. All of you are cheats!

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates