18 August 2008

The Matrimony Chronicles -II

,
Well , hello .Can you tell me who is the point of contact God who is in charge of matrimony? Well that some one has a SERIOUS problem with me.

So as of now,in my kitty I have 4 prospective grooms , the imperative word being prospective.We are not all that nonchalant about it as we make it out to be.Sometimes , we get interested in the said grooms.Like the other day , a conversation with PPP went as follows.

Seren: "Amma , some TamSoundingName has mailed regarding his son , says he has already talked to you"
PPP:*Looking up from her crossword* "Really ? Who is he?"
Seren:"You dont know?"
PPP:"Ohh .. yes ... is the great grandad from Gopichetti?"
Seren:"Do you think Yahoo could trace back his mail to that place? His mail doesn't really go "I am tamsounding name , great grandson of tammersoundingname from Gopichetti whose great great grandson we are searching an alliance for .."
PPP:*Looks observantly*" You are getting older and more and more bitter.."

Another went ...
PPP: "The boy wants to meet you"
Seren:"Sure, just let me know his name , I cant really go "Hi boy , me girl" "
PPP:*Looks a little concerned*"The boy said he leaves for office at 12 PM everyday"
Seren:"Ok"
PPP:"Do you think he really has a job?"
Seren:"You didnt ask him where he worked??? and I need to meet boy??

The cherry on the icing so far has been a mail that I received today.Now, my profile mentions the name of mera company shtrongesht and this is why the mail went thus ...

"
You seem to be deeply embedded with the DSP's and looks like signals from me are too weak to breach the SNR levels ..."


For the uninitiated SNR stands for Signal to Noise Ratio and it basically determines the strength of a signal ...

If I have to keep polling once in a while I may have to raise interrupt again [though not indefinitely, once battery drains, signals transmissions will cease].

Dearest God-of-Matrimony,

I had asked you for a man with a sense of humor .. now did you really have to insert the word warped there? Tell me??? Tell me?






6 scribbled back to “The Matrimony Chronicles -II”

  • Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:17:00 AM
    Anonymous says:

    heheheh!! Hilarious :)

    Came from Altoid's blog :)

    I really liked your piece there :)

  • Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:31:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    Veens: :) thanks

  • Monday, September 15, 2008 9:42:00 AM
    Anonymous says:

    rotfl!! good luck! going through similar encounters at the moments. almost similar thoughts with mum. gosh our families!

  • Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:32:00 AM
    Dinesh says:

    ( silently making notes on how not to behave when the time comes for me to consider holy matrimony ;-) )

  • Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:03:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    bluehues::) misery loves company *Shake!*
    Deedee: :P You better

  • Monday, September 22, 2008 7:09:00 AM
    Usha says:

    hehehe. I love these conversations although I would like a kalyana sappadu more and soon. ;P

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates