23 October 2007

All in the family

,
Now , just before I decided to do a post about it , I did ask my Mom if she had any objections to my content. As always she said she did , and as always I choose to disobey , so here goes..

I think my family has a strange strain of sadism running through it that has gotten better with each generation.With that Dhamakedar opening , I shalt resort to using less fancy words.You've knitted your brows? You wonder why it is so? RM patti will tell you why.Here's why.Shall I commence now? Or now?

See what I mean?

Let me start at the very beginning.I was born in Secunderabad(besides that , I do not have any attachment or sentiment attached to the place ) .During the formative years of my life , my Mother and Altoidster led me to believe that I was actually a Muslim (No offense meant to the religion ,more to do with regionally) woman's throw-away baby and my original name was "Raziya".To make matters worse , during throes of "Im-an-unwanted-child-who-loathes-studying" , I was led to believe that I had not one but TWO sisters far away in a hostel , and the reason I didn't see them was because they chose to come down during my summer vacations in Sec'bad!
I bawled my heart out and talked to the mango tree while the Mom and Sis exchanged glances and whispered
"Where's she"
"Under the mango tree"
"Did she hug it yet?"

*********************************************

Now , we will introduce the C Maama , my Mother's equally sadistic brother.
After a heavenly lunch of Rice-Vetha Kozhambu-Vadaam-Thayir shadam-pickle-Banganpalli mango , I would wander around the book-shelf aimlessly(i think sometimes people can't bear to see my happy face), and then C mama who would be seated on the reclining chair would catch hold of both my hands and wouldn't let me go. He would then say " This is how the crocodile caught hold of the elephant in Gajendra Moksham ..Heeeeehahahhaa" .And I would wail around uselessly to an empty audience and promptly fall asleep.

*Thinks*

*Pouts*

*:(*
****************************************************************

Yes , there's more

There was/is this muslim family who were our neighbors in Sec'bad. And apparently a kid called Mujaheed who was around my age lived there too . Yes you guessed right.

They had arranged for Mujaheed and his long lost Raziya to be united in Holy matrimony on the 2nd of some month , some year.

And I nearly died of palpitation as the day neared...


The only saving grace in this whole situation was probably the Dad ... someone who'd frown sometimes , look on amusedly at other times...

So I kid you not when I quote

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.
~Linda Sunshine

On a related note , Altoidster has designed this template for me , and it is SO me , the colors , the illustrations et all. Ty Ems :)

3 scribbled back to “All in the family”

  • Friday, October 26, 2007 7:18:00 AM
    Usha says:

    Poor you, they did all this to you! My god!
    hehehehe. Really sweet post.
    So when is Mujaheen coming?
    The template is lovely.and I see Indrani is growing well. :)

  • Monday, October 29, 2007 3:20:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    Ahem! Thank us Seren, for making your life that much more interesting!

    How boring would it have been if you didnt have such interesting lil titbits of tales to share?

    Hmph! No gratitude....sheesh!

    :), how about the practical jokes you pulled on PPP, eh?

  • Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:07:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    Usha :
    yes yes! can u believe it!
    Thanks a lot:)
    I presume Mujaheed would be a very much (maybe all too many/much)married man by now.Errm Indrani's width got expanded because she had to fit into the column .
    Alto:Shut up I say! Nothing you say/do will make up for the torture you gave me!
    Oh yes practical jokes on PPP , that would make her PPPP!

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates