20 August 2009

All my bags are packed ..

,

I return to India today.And , I am just back from a 6AM walk that gears me up to face the rest of the day.The ladies setting up the breakfast counter wished me a cheery good morning.I'm going to miss being here.Miss the 6AM hour , when there's a hint of daylight , the sound of those dreadful geese , and the splashing of the water in the fountain.I feel like the world is one giant baby that's slowly waking up .. and guess what? I already did that!



Ok , so moving on..The highlight of the trip was the sister , of course! The only reason I didn't lose my mind given the colleagues I traveled with(calls out for a looong post) and the only reason I never felt homesick.Someone who'd patiently chalk out my travel itinerary for each weekend with the right amount of fun,history(err yes .. I sometimes call her eMonica) and someone who never put on the bored face when she took me out on these outings(given she has seen these places about 30 zillion times already).You know .. bored faces (the one's that read Oh been here , seen it already , gotta see it again 'coz I need to show you around) are SUCH a turn-off for enthusiastic tourists .. well what do you know emo , you definitely were'nt that, thank god!


Of all the places I have been to , I liked the Niagara the best.. I think I will be back each year at a different season to watch the Niagara. I remember the first time the spray hit my face. At that exact instant , nothing mattered , it was just me and the spray and the all pervading sound of the river.. strange .. that something that sounds so forceful should bring out a sense of peace within you..


A close second was the Harper's Ferry ..the Potomac river and the Shenandoah valley .. I remember taking a long walk with Appa that day while Amma and Alty sat on a rock .. reading!! Really!







DC comes third , DC has that air about it.Like New Delhi , Leonine, royal, well-read ..

:) .

So here it is. A salute to the star spangled banner and a cheery wave to the tri-color.

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

6 scribbled back to “All my bags are packed ..”

  • Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:51:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    awwww :). It was great fun Seren, way too much fun.

  • Friday, August 21, 2009 6:28:00 AM
    you know who :-) says:

    I loved the part about sisters.. so very true. God made sisters for a reason :-).
    Hey, the Niagara thing - I feel exactly the same way ! It is amazing how something so loud and huge can bring calm in you. I love Niagara ...

    Are you wondering who I am :D ?

  • Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:44:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    Alty: Yeah no? :)
    Idontknowwho: Yes , esp the ones that share your shoe-size and to some extent your own size , no?Ok who it is you are?

  • Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:55:00 AM
    now you know who ? says:

    Ohhh... it's me - your zodiac sister :-)

  • Tuesday, September 01, 2009 8:40:00 PM
    Serendipity says:

    Iknowwho: :P yes yes.M!!

  • Wednesday, September 02, 2009 2:42:00 AM
    Happy Smiles says:

    Hello Friend,  Hope everything is fine.
    I am a researcher from psychology department. Interested in bloggers and their behavior. My  research topic is "Blogging Improves Self-Identity".  In connection with my research I need your help.  If you spare your mail id, I will be sending  the research questionnaire's to your mail Id.   You can give your responses to the questionnaire. My mail Id is meharun@gmail.com. Kindly cooperate in this survey. Your response will be used only for research purpose.  To end with friendly note, I am always ready to help you if you have any queries or doubts related to psychology. Thank you.
     
    Meharunnisha
    Doctoral Candidate
    Dept of Psychology
    Bharathiar University
    Coimbatore - 641046
    Tamil Nadu, India
    meharun@gmail.com

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates