07 November 2007

Happy Diwali..!

,

Here's wishing a very happy and a prosperous Diwali to everybody :)

May every one of your whim /fancy/crazy idea/most bizarre thought come true !

Leaving you off with a favorite poem of mine
(one of the very few I've read)

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!

Meantime, along the narrow rugged path, Thyself hast trod,
Lead, Savior, lead me home in childlike faith, home to my God.
To rest forever after earthly strife
In the calm light of everlasting life.

-John New­man

PS : The diya always reminds me of my principal at school.She always used to say "Lead your life like a flame , look upwards and always try to ward off darkness" :).

2 scribbled back to “Happy Diwali..!”

  • Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:16:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    Happy Diwali Seren. Hugs! and see you soon!

    :)

  • Friday, November 09, 2007 1:38:00 PM

    Happy Diwali!

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates