05 November 2007

Sound of music

,
6:15 AM: *ZZzzZZ*

Sounds from the wash stand:"Splash splash , tweeka tweeeka brush brush"

RM:"zzeeh?"

RM:(glaring hard at the ceiling)" Appa?"

Dad:"Shploosheh?"

RM:"Never mind , am up anyway!"

Some other day,

4:11 AM:* zzzZZ dream dream*

Sounds from the kitchen

"BANG clang scrub bang "

"Ting ting ting ting"

RM:*Looks at the ceiling*

RM:"Ma?"

Mom:*Sing song voice from the kitchen* " Oooh did I wake you?"

RM:"No no , I'm still dreaming"

Mom:" Early morning sarcasm eh , hehe"

RM: " WHAT are you doing at this hour? Is it that Kanu festival today?"

Mom:*bang bang clang* "I slept in the afternoon yesterday and I couldn't sleep at all in the night , so I thought I would finish up with the cooking and call Kedar earlier so that I could finish up with the tuition as well"

RM:"Ok , open the front door , I'll sleep in the garden"


Sometime during mid December

1:05 AM

*Har dil jo pyaar karega woh gaana gayegaa*

RM:"#$#$#"

Altoid:*Switching channels*" Ooooh goodie , you're up!"

RM:" I'm not UP! I've been WOKEN up!"

Altoid : *Nods* " You know , its been ages since I saw these geet mala kind of songs"

RM:"Really now, tch tch!!!!"

Altoid:"And did I tell you ? Remember that visit to someamericansoundingmuseum? I sent you the pics?"

RM:"No , you send me pictures of paintings , flowers , buildings , so I don't remember which one. Now , if you'd told me remember that photo of me in the brown spanish skirt , THEN I MIGHT remember "

RM:" Hello?"

Altoid: *ZZzzzz*

RM goes to the wash stand

*Splash splash , tweeka tweeeka brush brush*


The first scene repeated this morning , and I resigned gracefully to fate and woke up.

Mom:"Hello!"

RM:" What do you want?"

Mom:"Be more courteous to your elders and how did you know I wanted something?"

RM:*Grin*

Mom:" Yesterday , I asked GuruRaghavendra grocery guy to give me some cardboard boxes"

RM:"Ok...."

Mom:" And he gave me some"

RM:" Err.. so what's the problem"

Mom:" They all read TANGY CHICKEN noodles"

RM:" That were once there? Hmm..."

Mom:*Troubled face* " I don't like to keep them , I know you would think it very old fashioned ..but"

RM:" Yeah Ma , I understand , I wouldn't want to keep them either somehow"

Mom:*Bustles away beaming*

Sounds from the verandah

Dad:"Hmmm one more accident"

Mom:" Yesterday , I asked GuruRaghavendra grocery guy to give me some cardboard boxes"

3 scribbled back to “Sound of music”

  • Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:44:00 AM
    Altoid says:

    Seren

    Thanks for giving me a glimpse of the morning sounds that will keep me company in the next few weeks!

    *Note to self* : Send more pictures of museums, trees, buildings- all and sundry to Seren, apparently she loves seeing them!

  • Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:42:00 PM
    Hip Grandma says:

    Happens in every house.I am woken up from my dreams each day of my life with this husband of mine insisting on making coffe at 5 AM and also insists that I drink it up with him.I wish I had never let him do it in the first place.Happy Diwali!

  • Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:07:00 AM
    Serendipity says:

    Alto : :) hehe , misery loves company , come come

    HHG::) And you're complaining why?
    And I so love the way you say "This husband of mine ...."
    Happy Diwali to you too HHG and many more to come :)

 

Of this and that Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger Templates